How to block a program
You may have apps on your computer which you don't want to be run. How to block a program from running? There are many situations when people need to block certain applications. It can be worried parents who want to know how to restrict violent games, unsafely chats or torrents. Employers want to stop programs that are not work-related. System administrators may want to block software that may harm a computer.
Firewalls only stop programs from accessing the Internet bun can't stop program run. To block a program from run you need to use other methods.
So how to easily prevent a program not only from accessing the internet but from being run or even from automatic run. The best way is using special software such as HT Employee Monitor (for Business) or HT Parental Controls (for Home), that let you prevent program running more effective and have many other features to control your computer use. Here is two ways blocking unwanted applications.
How to Block Programs with Windows 7 Options
- Press Windows key and R button together.
- Type gpedit.msc and click OK in the appeared window.
- Expand User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System on the left side of the window.
- Double click Don't run specified Windows applications on the right side.
- Select the Enabled radio button, and then click the Show button.
- Type in the name of the EXE file you want to forbid.
- Enter all applications you want to prevent from running.
- Save changes and close the windows.
Blocking apps in Windows 7, 8 does not require another software, but this has disadvantages. It can be easily bypassed, course there is no possibility to set up a password on you settings, so other users can do the same and unblock the programs. It is not always easy to determine a name of the exe file of the unwanted program.
More simple and reliable is to use professional software with a predefined list of the installed on the computer programs.
How to Block Programs using HT Employee Monitor
- Download and install HT Employee Monitor
- Click the Application Blocking button.
- Click the Add button.
- In the appeared window, select the program you want to ban, or click Browse to find one that is not listed.
- Click OK.
Note! HT Parental Controls has the same option of application blocking.
HT Employee Monitor and HT Parental Controls are easy to use and effective programs, allowing you to control user activity and internet usage.
What you can do:
- Block specify applications
- Disable access to the system programs - Task Manager, Registry Editor, System Configuration Utility, etc
- Block social networks like Twitter, Facebook in the most popular browsers Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari
- Filter websites by categories - Porn, Gambling, Drugs, Shopping, Chats, etc
- Block websites by URLs and keywords
- Record computer activities - applications, keystrokes, websites, system activity, screenshots
Try to use both methods with 15-day free trial and choose the best.